The website https://kroppbrand.com/ (hereafter: the “Website”) is offered by:
Bvba LS Group (hereafter: “Krøpp”, “We” and “Us”)
Kortenbergsesteenweg 20 bus 103
Company number (VAT-BE): 0700.538.354
Phone: (+32 0) 477 456 789
Feel free to contact us should you have any privacy-related questions. We promise to reply soon!
Every person who visits or uses the Website (hereafter: the “Visitor”) as well as every person who relies on our Web shop (hereafter: the “Customer”) will in most cases disclose a certain amount of personal data. The personal data is information which allows Krøpp to identify you as a natural person, regardless of whether we actually do this. You are identifiable as soon as it is possible to create a direct or indirect link between one or more data and you as a natural person. The Visitor and the Customer are hereinafter also jointly referred to as the “Data Subject“.
2. Who is responsible for the processing of personal data?
Krøpp is responsible for the processing and decides alone or in cooperation with others which personal data is being collected as well as the purposes and the technical and organisational means with regard to the processing of this personal data.
Krøpp has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data of its Visitors and Customers. Krøpp uses various adequate security technologies and procedures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Krøpp ensures that your personal data is stored safely in a controlled environment.
Krøpp is free to rely on data processors. A processor is the natural or legal person who processes your personal data upon request and on behalf of the data controller. The processor is required to ensure the security and confidentiality of the data. The processor shall always act on the instructions of the data controller.
Krøpp relies on the following categories of “processors”:
- Companies we have engaged for marketing purposes;
- Companies we have engaged for ICT technical support and hosting purposes;
- Companies we have engaged for administrative purposes;
- Companies we have engaged for logistic purposes;
- Companies we have engaged for analytical purposes;
- Companies we have engaged for payment purposes.
With a view to the optimal protection of the personal data of our customers, we have made the necessary contractual arrangements with the aforementioned data processors to ensure that they apply the highest privacy standards. In any event, data processors shall be required to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal data.
As a resident of the European Economic Area, a transfer of your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) can only take place to countries that the Data Protection Authority in Belgium has found to provide the same adequate level of protection or, if this is not the case, to the extent that Krøpp has made the necessary contractual arrangements, taking into account the standard provisions as imposed by the Data Protection Authority in Belgium, to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection.
3. On what legal grounds is your personal data processed?
In accordance with the GDPR we process personal data on the following legal grounds:
- On the basis of the execution of the contract agreed upon with the Customer or the execution of pre-contractual steps taken at the request of the Data Subject; or
- On the basis of compliance with legal or regulatory provisions with regard to the management of the contractual relationship with the Customer, invoicing in particular;
- On the basis of our legitimate interest in responding to information requests from Visitors and Customers;
- On the basis of our legitimate interest in sending promotional offers (direct marketing) to our Customers;
- On the basis of the explicit consent to send promotional offers (direct marketing) to Visitors.
4. Which personal data is processed?
Krøpp commits to only collect and process your personal data in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed.
How much and what personal information Krøpp collects about you depends on your use of the Website and/or of our Web shop. The collection of personal data will be further expanded as more intensive use is made of our Website and our Web shop. In general, Customers will provide more personal data than Visitors. The following categories of personal data are processed by Krøpp:
- One time Customers:
- Personal identification data (name, first name, company name, address, zip code, city, country);
- Contact details (telephone number and e-mail address);
- Financial identification data (bank details);
This personal data is collected when the Customer places an order via our Website. Other personal data may be collected at a later date, for example in the context of our after-sales service.
- Returning Customers:
- Personal identification data (name, first name, company name, address, zip code, city, country, login details);
- Contact details (telephone number and e-mail address);
- Financial identification data (bank details);
This personal data is collected when you fill out and submit our contact form.
- Electronic identification data (IP address, location, cookies);
This personal data is collected when you visit our Website.
5. For which purposes is your personal data used?
The processing of your personal data is essential for the proper functioning of the Website and the provision of associated services. The collection of personal data becomes more extensive as the User makes more intensive use of our Website and/or Web shop.
Krøpp commits to solely process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Customer management: customer administration, order management, deliveries, invoicing, checking creditworthiness, support and complaint monitoring.
- Personalized marketing and advertising. In that case, the Customer is always entitled to unsubscribe.
- Answering requests for information submitted via the contact form on the Website;
- Personalized marketing and advertising if the Visitor has expressly agreed to this. In this case, the Visitor is free to withdraw his consent at any time.
The Data Subject’s personal data may also be used for the following purposes:
- Dispute management.
- Protection against fraud and criminal offences.
When visiting the Website, some data is being collected for statistical purposes. Such data is necessary to optimise your user experience. It concerns the following data: probable location of consultation, hour and day of the consultation and the pages which are being consulted, etc. In order to protect your privacy in the best possible way, this data is always anonymized.
Under no circumstances do we collect sensitive personal data, such as data about your race, political opinions, health, religious and other beliefs, sexual orientation or the like.
The User provides the personal data to Krøpp himself and therefore retains a certain degree of control. Krøpp reserves the right to suspend or cancel certain operations if the required personal data is missing, incorrect or incomplete.
6. Who receives your personal data?
Your personal data will only be processed for internal use within Krøpp. Your personal data will not be sold, passed on or communicated to third parties, unless you have given us your explicit consent beforehand, or if the transmission is necessary for the execution of the agreement or is legally required.
7. How long do we store your personal data?
Your personal data is stored as long as necessary to achieve the purposes pursued. Your personal data will be erased from our database as soon as it is no longer necessary for the purposes pursued or if you validly exercise your right to erasure.
8. What are your rights?
8.1. Guarantee of a legitimate and secure process of your personal data
Your personal data is solely processed for the legitimate purposes explained in point 5. Your personal data is collected and processed in an appropriate, relevant and non-excessive manner, and is not kept longer than necessary to achieve the intended purposes.
8.2. Right to access
If you can prove your identity, you have the right to obtain information about the processing of your personal data. Thus, you have the right to know the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom the personal data is transmitted, the criteria used to determine the data retention period, and the rights that you can exercise on your personal data.
8.3. Right to rectification of your personal data
Inaccurate or incomplete personal data may be corrected. It is primarily the responsibility of the User to make the necessary changes in his “account” himself, but you can also request us in writing.
8.4. Right to erasure (or “right to be forgotten”)
You also have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data under the following assumptions:
- Your personal data is no longer necessary for the intended purposes;
- You withdraw your consent to the processing and there is no other legal ground for processing;
- You have validly exercised your right of opposition;
- Your personal data has been illegally processed;
- Your personal data must be deleted to comply with a legal obligation.
The deletion of personal data is mainly related to visibility; it is possible that the deleted data are still temporarily stored.
8.5. Right to limitation of processing
In certain cases, you have the right to request the limitation of the processing of your personal data, especially in case of dispute as to the accuracy of the data, if the personal data is necessary in the context of legal proceedings or the time required to Krøpp to verify that you can validly exercise your right to erasure.
8.6. Right to object
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Krøpp will stop processing your personal data unless it can demonstrate that there are compelling legitimate reasons for the processing which prevail over your right to object.
8.7. Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain any personal data which you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. At your request, this data may be transferred to another provider unless it is technically impossible.
8.8. Right to withdraw your consent
You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time, for example for direct marketing purposes.
9. How to exercise your rights?
If you wish to exercise your rights, you must send a written request and proof of identity by registered mail to Krøpp, Kortenbergsesteenweg 20 mailbox 103, 1820 Steenokkerzeel or by email to email@example.com. We will respond as soon as possible, and no later than one (1) month after receipt of the request.
10. Possibility to lodge a complaint
If you have any comments or complaints about the way in which we handle your personal data, we ask you to report them to us first. In this way, we can reach an amicable solution by mutual agreement.
If, after this notification, you are still not satisfied with the processing of your personal data by Krøpp, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent Data Protection Authority (for Belgium: https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/).
© 2019 deJuristen IT law and Intellectual Property (http://www.ictrecht.be). The offered information is protected under copyright legislation, which means that this information may not be reproduced or distributed without the previous and written permission of deJuristen (firstname.lastname@example.org). deJuristen thus retains all relevant intellectual property rights.